Retired? This is Just the Beginning!
Your future is bright, exciting, and personal. You’re in control, you’re never too far from fun, and onwards is an adventure all your own. You’ve worked hard your entire life. NOW is the time you can begin to truly start living.
You’ve been waiting for this and it’s time to take advantage of your newfound independence! Traveling, hobbies, volunteering, leisurely days – the choice is yours. Become part of a community that not only enjoys but embraces freedom.
3 Approaches to Embracing Freedom and Independence
1. Traveling! You’ve probably mulled over the idea but something held you back. Your job, family, living situation – there were always reasons to stay at home. Here are a few adventures to get your journey started:
● Buy or rent an RV. The trip is steadily in your control. Whether you stay in-state to enjoy the local scenery or decide to visit all of North America, the choice is yours. Try a National Park tour! Park your RV overnight for cheaper than any hotel, and a bit more privacy. Stay one night, 5 nights, even a month.
● Leave the country! Your passport book deserves to be full of stamps from the places you’ve longed to see.. America is a small piece of a larger experience. New cultures and languages will keep you on your toes. Unfamiliar landscapes challenge your current perspective.
● Cruise away into the sunset. Take a few short cruises, then retreat home. Maybe you’d like a longer getaway? Hop aboard a majestic ship to Europe, stay a few nights, then get on a different ship that whisks you away to Australia where you go snorkeling in renowned reef. Continent hopping is suddenly easy.
No matter where you’re headed, luckily your superior maturity warrants some discounts. Take a quick look here to find out how to get the best prices for all your travel needs: Travel Discounts
2. Hobbies! Taking up a few hobbies will make your days or nights relish with accomplishment. Unfortunately, in our working years we don’t always allow ourselves the time to dive into our passions and instead pour our energy into our work. In reality, years were spent denying the joy generated by hobbies.
Can’t wrap your mind around what craft you’d perfect? Let’s see what snags your attention!
● Remember that notebook full of doodles and sketches you threw away years ago? Rekindle your romance with the paintbrush(or pen, pencil, you get the drift!). Even if you’ve never touched art supplies in your life, the therapeutic effects can be noteworthy. If you’re nervous to start, these sites will help:
○ Simply search “art lesson” in YouTube!
● Who can talk about the arts without mentioning music. If you’ve always wanted to play an instrument or simply stopped having time after learning, now’s your chance. Music enriches the mind unlike anything else. It would be a disservice to yourself to leave this part of you unnurtured.
● Do your friends know you as the one with a flair for the dramatic? Do your facial expressions say everything without even speaking? Are you effortlessly engaging? No doubt you’re hilarious. Acting is a conceivable idea that can give you a physical and emotional outlet. The aim doesn’t have to be an Oscar just yet. Start with local lessons. Local Acting Lessons
● If you’re competitive, maybe sports are your answer! Your glory days may be ahead of you instead of behind. Even if you’ve never been athletic, being physically active can reverse the aging process while simultaneously feeding our innate desire to compete. Every town has leagues for those of any age. If sports aren’t your thing, simply being active could be just what the doctor ordered.
3. Maybe all this seems overwhelming. You’ve been busy you’re entire life and now you just want to do nothing! There are no rules anymore, your time is your own. If you want to spend the day inside, don’t feel guilty. Put your feet up, unwind, and give an easy going effort to some of these activities!
● Join a book club and read daily. Just because you’re relaxing doesn’t mean your brain has to stop learning.
● Indulge in your favorite television shows! There is more than trashy TV to watch, though we won’t judge. Documentaries, true crime shows, live TV – you’ve got it all at your fingertips.
● Photography is a quiet and beneficial way to spend time. You don’t even have to leave the house as you figure out lighting and shadows in your own home.
● Yoga and meditation. The stress of life can bear down on us with the weight of a million worlds. Unwind in your own space. Let your spirit and body reap the rewards of an unbothered mind.
Imagine you’ve come back from an extended vacation and the yard is still immaculate. You don’t have to worry about the food in your refrigerator because a short stroll brings you to a dining hall where you’ll savor every bite of a freshly cooked feast.
Maybe your family visited and you are in need of some “me” time. A serene spa is a mere walk away. Receive a tranquil massage then meet some friends for a coffee, just feet away from your own personal and upscale residence.
You never need to worry about the roof leaking, you don’t have to hire lawn care maintenance. There is a place you only worry about the things you want to do, not the things that once haunted you with responsibility. You can be free to follow your own desires and rid yourself any trace of burdens. A place like this exists and is here with open arms, waiting to improve your daily life. A place such as Vantage Point Retirement Living.
Independent Living offers a community unlike what you’ll find anywhere else you venture. This is a place to call home while also allowing the freedom of leaving without having to worry about your home, your belongings, your possessions. Wellness programs personally tailored to you. Health options built for your body. A spa with your peace of mind at the forefront. Dining area where you can sit back and enjoy the meal without having to clean up afterwards.
The future is now and the future is Independent Living. Contact Vantage Point today and schedule a tour of your new home.